PRSV Measurement Standard
The PRSV has been developed by Crescendo in response to calls from the PR industry for a universal ROI standard of PR measurement, the so-called ‘silver bullet’. Many said this was impossible, but Crescendo has delivered it.
PRSVs takes advantage of the single most used method for gaining information and making purchasing decisions across the globe – internet search. To get some idea of just how powerful and universal internet search has become, consider the fact that Google handles a staggering 3.5 billion searches every single day. No other source of information even comes close.
Remarkably simple, PRSVs combines the position of PR-related activities in search results with freely available search volumes and auction bid prices to determine both the audience reach and open market value of PR activity.
As well as offering PRSV analysis to clients, Crescendo is making the methodology open source, with details to be published shortly. This will enable anybody and everybody to adopt PRSVs as a standardised PR metric regardless of where they are based or what language they use.
Here are 10 key reasons why PRSVs are ideal for a universal PR ROI measurement standard:
- PRSVs focus only on PR activities that deliver real business benefits
- PRSVs drive PR to deliver real business benefits, from sales to branding and reputation
- PRSVs measure highly receptive and interested audiences, many at the purchasing stage
- PRSVs represent the real value of PR activity, enabling ROI to be determined
- PRSVs can cover all activities, not just media coverage
- PRSVs enables results generated in media that do not take advertising, such as the BBC, to be measured properly
- PRSVs can be replicated
- PRSVs are transparent
- PRSVs can be applied in any country, in any language for any activity
- PRSVs are simple to do and easy to understand at all levels, from the most junior person to the CEO
For more information about the universal measurement standard (PRSV) please complete and submit the form on the contact us page.
Read the blog post about the PRSV here.